Friday, February 27, 2009

Clearly the hardest thing about blogging regularly is getting started. I feel like I need to make a bunch of introduction/explanation posts to give some background on my projects. But maybe I should just jump in and get started.

It's also not helping that I'm having an especially busy time at work lately.I 've been carrying around some very simple dress sketches for weeks, but I keep not having time to scan them in while at work. So tonight I cribbed a couple from Metamorphose (a lolita fashion label in Japan -- I'll make a post explaining what lolita fashion is soon) and sloppily photoshopped them into these "sketches":

spring dressscissors dress

(Disclaimer: I'm sure the scale of the prints is completely wrong, and I'm not planning to replicate these exact dress designs.I just wanted something to play with in polyvore so it's really more about the colors and general silhouette.)

The green floral is from Flower Power by Jennifer Paganelli.I am so excited about this fabric line and I am going to order some tonightI! really love the green but it's more pastel than I normally wear, so I'm also considering the brown version. (I think I'm going to have to order a few small pieces and decide after seeing them in person.)

The scissor print is by Yuwa Japan. I've been lusting after it for months but it went on 40% off sale so I'm finally ordering some. (I also got one of the border prints for a skirt.)

Also, you can see the three other lolita dresses I have finished so far here on my flickr.

No comments: